Cinequest Film Festival 17 Screenwriting Competition
Screenplay submissions are now being accepted for the Cinequest Film Festival 17 Screenwriting Competion. The deadline to submit is November 10, 2006 with a discounted entry fee to those who submit by September 30, 2006. On January 10, 2007, 10 finalists will be announced and given 14 days to re-submit their screenplay with any corrections and improvements they choose.
Those 10 scripts will be judged for Maverick vision, story, character development, dialogue, marketability and originality. Finalists will have their scripts read by an outstanding jury comprised of the following individuals:
- Joanna Burish, Production, Distribution, Acquisitions, Imageworks Entertainment (An international production and distribution company).
- Phil Gorn, President, Wonderphil Productions (Sales and production of independent films of all genres).
- Steven Haft, Founder and Producer, Haft Entertainment Inc. (Producer, Dead Poets Society, Tigerland, Executive Producer MAD TV).
- Halfdan Hussey, Executive Director, Cinequest Inc.
- Janet Jeffries, Development Executive, Lawrence Bender Productions, A Band Apart Films (Cutting-edge production company, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2).
- Dana Lambert, Vice President of Creative Affairs, First Look Studios (A multi-faceted media company including First Look International, First Look Pictures, First Look Home Entertainment and First Look Media).
- Eugene Mandelcorn, Film Artists Network (A non-profit organization aiding filmmakers in development, funding, production, post-production, marketing and sales).
- Bobby Moresco, President, Moresco Productions (Producer / Screenwriter Crash, Co-Producer Million Dollar Baby).
- Eric Morris, President, ELM Entertainment (Latter Days, Peter Paige's Say Uncle).
- Lucy Shuttleworth, Head of Development, Spice Factory (One of the fastest growing film companies in the U.K. today).
- Nancy Rae Stone, Executive Vice President of Production, Beacon Pictures. (One of the most respected independent motion picture companies in the industry).
The top three winners will be announced and given cash prizes during Cinequest Film Festival 17 (Wed, February 28, 2007 -- Sun, March 11, 2007). No wonder festival expert Chris Gore named Cinequest as one of the "Best Festivals for Screenwriters" in the latest edition of his Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide.